DON'T DEAL WITH FIRE DAMAGE ALONE!
The loss from a fire damage can seem unbearable, but what you may think is a total loss, may be salvageable. working with a professional can help you understand what you next steps will be and become your light at the end of a nightmare. Alpine GC & Roofing really cares about getting your family or business back to normal as soon as possible while providing step-by-step progression information.
Our services for fire damage include:
- odor removal
Type of Fire Damage
No fire is the same. ere are some types that can affect your home.
The common types of fires include:
- Synthetic or Mixed Fire: Many interior fires are complex, burning natural and synthetic fibers. The result is a greasy yellow residue and synthetic smell coating your home's interior.
- Food Fire: Stovetop, grease fires or oven fire can cause havoc on an interior.
- Furnace: oil-fired furnaces can malfunction dispersing smoke throughout the house, requiring odor abatement.
- Natural Fire: Lightening Strikes and forestry such as bushes and trees can affect your home, causing odors and even damage externally and possibly internally.
Fire Damage is a Great Destructor:
The walls and roof of your home are only the beginning of what is damaged during, and even after, a fire. Any item inside your house, even if it isn’t all that close to the fire itself, is susceptible to some damage:
- Ash and smoke continue destroying and corroding materials left behind.
- Smoke Odor Lingers if not abated.
- It only takes a few minutes before the walls are discolored
- after a few hours appliances are discolored.
- DID YOU KNOW...Smoke etches glass after just a short time.
- Smoke tarnishes metal.
You really need our FREE INSPECTION to determine what services you will need for your home restoration.
How can Alpine GC & Roofing help?
- We will determine the type of fire that occurred.
- We will assess the water damage from firefighters.
- We will resolve your water mitigation issue, including, but not limited to, drying and cleaning surfaces.
- We will review delicate materials where damage from smoke and soot could have happened.
- We will removing immediate contents—This of what you will need during the restoration( clothing, prescriptions, toys, schoolbooks, business needs, etc.)
- We will pack up your belongings and secure them in a safe storage area for later cleaning.
- We will restore your structure to your home. This includes removing any charred contents, including insulation, wood and other affected burned sections that affect the intregrity of your home.
- We will determine if your flooring can be salvaged. Carpets and floor surfaces may or ay not need removal.
- We will inspect house frame and subfloors for safety
- We will treat affected surfaces for smoke odors
- We will resealing broken lines to inhibit odors from returning inside
- We will clean, eliminate odors, and deodorize your home
- We will return the original luster of your home by returning your items back to their original locations.
Don’t Do It Alone!
Unless you are qualified, do not take on this dangerous task by yourself. the residue left behind is a major health concern. if clean up is not done correctly, mold, leftover odors and damage can be overlooked, undoing any work or efforts you have put toward the restoration process. Alpine GC & Roofing is qualified and cares about your project and wants you back home safely and confidently.
What you can do until Alpine GC & Roofing arrives on the scene!
- Open those doors and air out the house, weather permitting, of course.
- Do some cleaning. The faster residue is removed, the better it is for your home. clean laminate surfaces, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum fixtures.
- Wear Gloves! Sounds silly, but oils from your hands can cause additional damage to upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over returns and supply registers to capture loose soot in the air.
- Get rid of the open food packages
- If the electricity is off, unplug and clean out the fridge, then open the doors.
- Get those clothes to a qualified dry cleaner, willing to work with smoke saturated clothing.
The Big NO list!
- Do not wash the walls. Using the wrong supplies could add to the damage.
- Do not clean the floors or furniture
- Do not use electrical appliances until having them checked.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, there could be ceiling damage and a ceiling fan could fall.
- Do not stay in the home. Find a family member, or contact Red Cross to help you until you can return to your home safely
- Do not eat or salvage any opened food products!
- Do not use your faucets if you haven't check for fire damage to the pipes.
Fire Damage doesn't necessarily mean it is the end of the world. Working with qualified professionals can take some of sting out of the restoration. You don't have to do it alone!