What is TPO Roofing?
Thermoplastic Polyolefin is a single-ply roofing membrane that is one of the fastest growing commercial roofing systems on the market. TPO roofing systems are made up of a single layer of synthetics and reinforcing scrim that can be used to cover flat roofs.
The Benefits of a TPO Roofing System
The rapid rise in popularity can be associated with several of TPO’s inherent benefits, including:
• Great Value: Excellent performance at a cost effective price.
• Excellent Seam Strength: Heat-welded seams provide greater seam strength to taped and other seams.
• Long-term Weathering: Excellent long-term heat and UV resistance.
• Energy Saving: Highly reflective and emissive white surface can help reduce energy costs and urban heat island effect
• Inherently Flexible: No need for plasticizers
• Naturally Fungal Resistant: Doesn’t require biocides.
• Versatile Application Methods: Including high-performance roofs requiring high wind uplift, increased puncture resistance, or quick economical systems.